Friday 9 March 2018

Over and Over Again | The Spitfires | Single Review


I have never listened to this The Spitfires before so when I started the song and heard the keyboard as the first instrument I expected the worst. But I was proven wrong. A few seconds later the rest of the instruments and the vocals start and I was pleasantly surprised at what I heard. I’ll admit it’s not completely my style of music but after listening to it a couple of times, I really began to enjoy the song. I find the hints of 70s rock era within the song really interesting, I am intrigued by the overall sound of the song as it mixes many genres like rock, soul and a little bit of jazz all mixed together.



The lyrics are really enjoyable and the beat complements the lyrics really well. For me the drums and bass guitar are a really nice contrast to have against the higher pitched keyboard. The whole song has a range of pitches within it but because they are all very well thought out and timed it creates a really interesting song. The vocals have a vintage sort of feel to them, which makes them different to what I normally hear nowadays.. I will hold my hands up and say I did judge the song too much at first but I was proven wrong and glad that I was. Overall I think it is a clever song and will keep on listening to it and the band in the future. I will also definitely be keeping an eye out for this band for gigs as I feel that this song will be quite impressive when performed live and I ended up enjoying their music. 

Listen to 'Over and Over Again' here
Review by Abby Hardy

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Denim + Leather. Design by FCD.