Tuesday 20 March 2018

Deep.Sleep | Soho | Single Review

Newcastle based, Indie/Alt band Deep.Sleep’s new single Soho was given to me specifically to review and I’m very glad that I got given it. After this band’s name had being floating around within social media and my friendship group for while, I was happy to finally properly listen to one of their songs. I was not sure what to expect from this band but what I heard when I first pressed play made me very hopeful of the talent that these lads have.


     The song starts with the music slowly growing louder and louder which I found was a really good way of starting the song as I’ve not heard as many bands do this recently. When the vocals first hit you with no instrumental backing, after a quick intro, you hear this quite rough and deep voice; I fell in love with his voice instantly. The way that Deep.Sleep did the first minute of the song really impressed me, as it feels really precise and well thought-out to slowly entice the listening into the song and trapping them within the uplifting beat.

      When listening to the song you completely zone out from the rest of the world and just move along to the incredibly catchy beat and just enjoy the soothing sound of the vocals. I think that this song needs to be on everyone’s summer playlist as I imagine it being played in the heat and sun with everyone moving along to it. It is a song that will get stuck in your head extremely easily as soon as soon as you listen to it once you will want to listen to it multiple times in a row.

      I personally think this song is really well written and thought-out; it is clear that a lot of hard work went into writing and producing the song. The well timed pauses in the instruments playing so the vocals are just playing really brings the song together and highlights the incredible vocals. For me, the vocals are my favorite part of this song as his voice really suits the song and is such an easy song to listen to at any time in the day.


     This song will definitely be joining many of my playlists straight away and everyone else should add it to theirs too as it is just such an easy to listen to song at anytime, in any location. I find these lads extremely talented and will be keeping an eye out for anymore of their future work.

Review by Abby Hardy

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Denim + Leather. Design by FCD.