Tuesday 10 July 2018

Tramlines Fringe | This Feeling, AMP Live, Modern Age Music and More

One of my favourite Festivals of the year is fast approaching, what I love about Tramlines is both it's support of bands in the underground scene and it's affordability for music fans. Some of the best promoters in the UK have formed stages that show case the best bands in the underground. What makes this even more special is that these stages are free, you don't need a Tramlines wrist band to attend these stages. Just turn up and rock out. 

The big one is obviously the might This Feeling who have collaborated with Pirate Studios to bring an incredible collection of bands over the three days. There are a couple of bands on this line up I've already seen and would strongly recommend and will no doubt be going to see again (Bad Bug, Hello Operator, Himalayas and  Generation) but there are also SO many that I've not yet seen and have been dying to! I'll be making sure to catch The Wholls, The Surrenders, Sophie & The Giants, The Strawberries and Manuka Hive. These are just the bands that I've personally listened to and know I will enjoy. I'm looking forward to catching the names on here I recognise (and those I don't) that I haven't yet had a chance to listen to! Because for me one of the best parts of inner city festivals is catching a band you'd never listened to and completely falling in love with them. 


Another stage to make sure you get down to is AMP Live at Frog & Parrot on the Saturday. False Heads, The Americas, Manuka Hive, Sons, Breed and Bad Bug? You just can't miss it. These fall under bands I've already seen or have been dying to finally see for the first time. As for the rest I'm excited to catch a few names I don't yet know or haven't listened to before and find some new bands to keep on my radar.  


Forum are bringing an outstanding line up. Strange Bones are a band I've been waiting a long time to see, and as for Demob Happy, I caught 15 minutes of their set at the Doctor Marten Briggate stage at Live at Leeds and have been waiting to see them in full glory since. Plus Calva Louise have been on my bucket list, having heard nothing but good things from my southern friends I've been waiting to see their on stage madness. So many more names on this line up you've just gotta go and catch.


Modern Age Music are a promotion company that are just fucking killing the game! Their shows are not only always supporting great names but they're giving lesser known bands a chance to play at a show that's under a good and trust worthy name. And just look at their fringe line up! Absolutely radical. There's something to be said about every band on this list in all honesty, so to sum it up, if you spent your entire Sunday at this stage you'd be unlikely to find yourself bored. 


Preview by Holly Beson-Tams


Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Denim + Leather. Design by FCD.